Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

Welcome to Val's Costume Page

Howdy!

As a costumer/sewer I've long wanted to share pics of my projects with friends and with other costumers and on-line costumer listserve virtual friends. Well, here we go!

Some of my sewing accomplishments include a Renn Faire serving wench, a Hobbit based on Rosie's party dress, a Boromir costume (like a knight) from Lord of the Rings (for Ben to wear), Eowyn's "refugee dress," Arwen's "dying dress" altered as a top, a replica of Pearl's Castle Forrester uniform from the show Mystery Science Theater 3000, Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas, a Jedi, Boy George from his Colour By Numbers days, a replica of the shirt worn by Lestat in concert from the film Queen of the Damned (again, for Ben), an elaborate belly dancing costume, and other less interesting projects.

Sewing sort of halted when I got pregnant, even tho I have some baby projects in the wings. I'm also working on other Lord of the Rings costumes, and a replica of Neo's coat from Matrix Reloaded for Ben. Let's see...it's January now. Perhaps I can give that to Ben for a present NEXT Winter Solstice! Wish me luck.

I will scan in already-completed pics of projects and then add new projects as they come up. They may be slow, because as a new mom I don't have much time to sew these days, and several projects are on the backburner now.

Poor, lonely piles of cloth. I pledge to save you from the crazy quilt fate!

Later,
Val

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?